identity recovery coverage
Here's what identity recovery coverage includes:
- Case Manager — At no additional charge, a dedicated case management company works directly with you to work through your claim process.
- High Annual Limit — Expense reimbursement up to $25,000 annually for expenses incurred after identity theft.
- Lost Wages and Child or Elder Care Expenses — Up to $250 per day/$5,000 total.
- No Adverse Premium Impact — Any claims made under this coverage option will have no impact on your future premiums.
While enrolling in identity recovery coverage can help to ease your worries in the event of ID fraud, there are steps you can take to proactively safeguard yourself from thieves.
- Use a shredder when disposing of personal documents such as credit card statements, loan applications, and other documents containing personal information.
- Don't offer up any personal information over the phone to unsolicited callers. Same goes for emails and suspicious websites.
- Don't carry around more information than you need! That means no social security cards, passports, or birth certificates unless absolutely necessary.
- Check your credit reports and bank statements often to help ensure there's no suspicious activity tied to your identity.
- Don't write down any computer passwords.