Why enroll in Cyber Protection Coverage?
We live in a connected but highly vulnerable world. We rely on home security cameras, smart appliances, and online shopping each day. However, these systems can allow cyber attackers to infiltrate the home, steal information and identities, extort money, commit fraud, and disrupt lives. Safeco's Cyber Protection coverage is a suite of innovative cyber coverages and services designed to protect today's families from cyber threats.
Here's what cyber protection
- Online Fraud — The direct financial loss as the result of a fraud event involving a computing or connected home device including but not limited to identity theft, unauthorized use of a card, card number, or account number in an insured's name, or forgery of a check.
- Cyber Attack
- Data Recovery Costs: Cost of a professional firm hired to replace electronic data that has been lost or corrupted.
- System Restoration Costs: Cost of a professional firm to restore the computing or connected home device to its level of functionality before the cyber-attack. This includes the replacement or reinstallation of software programs, removal of malicious code and the reconfiguration of the device or system.
- Cyber Extortion
- Professional assistance from a subject matter expert for advice and consultation on how to best respond to a threat.
- Cyber extortion response costs: Payment as directed to the extortion threat when payment is approved in advance and incurred as the direct result of a cyber extortion event.
- Identity Recovery
- Costs Coverage: Reasonable and necessary identity theft costs, such as legal fees, notary fees and credit bureau reports approved by the insurance company in connection with specific legal proceedings.
- Case Management Service: Provide services of an identity recovery case manager to respond to identity theft.
- Cost of mental health counseling services, temporary relocation expenses, temporary private tutoring and enrollment expenses incurred due to relocation to a similar, alternative school.
- Cost of professional cybersecurity consultation services, social monitoring software, legal expenses, lost wages, childcare, and elder care expenses.
- Data Breach — Includes costs associated with forensic IT and legal reviews as well as notification and recovery services when private non-business data entrusted to an individual is lost, stolen, or published.
You also have access to proactive monitoring offered by Kroll, a leading cyber risk institution.
Credit monitoring provides you with your credit score along with real-time monitoring and alerting for any changes to your credit file.
Web Watcher monitors the 'deep and dark' web for sensitive customer information that may be posted for sale. You can be alerted when social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, passport numbers and other sensitive information is found.
Talk to a local independent agent today about adding Cyber Protection to your Homeowners policy.
Available in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, MS, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY
States not listed have the option to add Identity Recovery Coverage.