home insurance property claims
Protecting your home and what’s inside.
From there you can track your claim online, and contact us with any questions you have along the way.
Or give us a call at 1-800-332-3226.
- What happened?
- Where is the damaged property?
- How extensive is the damage?
- Are temporary repairs needed?
- If the authorities were contacted, which department responded and what is the report number?
- Your current contact information and the best time to reach you.
- A convenient time for a damage assessment, either in person or via video chat.
- Stay out of your home if it has been severely damaged.
- If your home has been broken into, contact the police immediately to file a report and fix or replace your locks.
- If there’s been a fire in your home, avoid breathing ashes and soot by covering your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or face mask.
Please understand that RealTime Review is not suitable for all claims. But, no matter the assessment method, we’ll do our best to act quickly and keep your claim moving forward.
We recommend keeping a home inventory in a location other than your home, such as with a relative, in a bank safe-deposit box, or online.
- Board up broken windows and doors.
- Cover roof damage with tarps or plywood and remove debris.
- Save all receipts from temporary repairs.
- If possible, place any damaged items in a safe, secure area where they can be inspected later.
- Do not attempt to clean fire or smoke damaged items. Cleaning without the proper equipment can make it worse.
Any time you make improvements to your property, be sure to talk to your to find out if your coverage is still enough, and if you’re eligible for any .