auto insurance coverage and feature options

Be prepared for what’s around the bend.

woman in car covered by Safeco Insurance looking happy
Your standard Safeco Car Insurance policy provides essential liability protection and other coverages required by law. It includes coverage if your car is involved in an accident while being driven by you or someone else. To enhance your policy with extra protection for damage, emergencies, repairs, and personal property, you can choose additional coverage options. Your local independent agent can offer personal advice about product availability in your area and how much coverage is right for you.
Get an Online Quote
What Makes Us Different
+Reimbursement for First Aid-Reimbursement for First AidReimbursement for First Aid
All Safeco auto policies include up to $10,000 in coverage for reimbursement of first aid administered to others after an accident.
+Accident Forgiveness-Accident ForgivenessAccident Forgiveness
Every Safeco Auto Insurance policy can qualify for accident forgiveness after a set number of years of accident and violation-free driving. Talk to your local independent agent to find out more.
+Diminishing Deductible-Diminishing DeductibleDiminishing Deductible
Remain claim-free and we’ll reduce your collision deductible by $100 with each annual policy renewal, for up to a maximum of $500 or five years.
Full Coverage Protection
Helps pay for repairs or to replace your car if it is stolen, vandalized, or damaged in some way other than in a collision. Includes loss or damage from fire, flood, falling objects, wind, hail, and collision with an animal.
Helps pay for repairs to your car for damage caused by an accident.
Popular Coverage Options
+Build Your Own Auto Insurance Policy-Build Your Own Auto Insurance PolicyBuild Your Own Auto Insurance Policy
Have peace of mind knowing you're better prepared for the unexpected. Our many auto insurance coverage options vary from state to state. Talk to your local independent agent to get the best combination of coverage, value, and price, and for personal advice on which coverage options are right for you.
+Roadside Assistance-Roadside AssistanceRoadside Assistance
For only pennies a day, Roadside Assistance covers towing to the nearest qualified repair shop and other basic emergency services. Safeco Roadside Assistance will help you change a flat tire, deliver gas, oil, or other essential fluids like radiator and brake fluid, jump start your battery and send out a locksmith if you’re locked out of your car.
+Rental Car Reimbursement-Rental Car ReimbursementRental Car Reimbursement
Get help paying for the cost of renting a car while yours is in the shop being repaired after a covered loss. Rental car reimbursement is a type of loss of use coverage.

Customers with Rental Car Reimbursement coverage also get access to the Safeco Claims Valet Service™, where if your vehicle is damaged in an accident but is still drivable, a Claims Valet driver will arrive at your home or office with a rental vehicle for you to use while your car is being repaired. The driver will then bring your damaged vehicle to an authorized repair shop and deliver your repaired car back to you once the work is complete. We'll manage the entire process from start to finish.
Car Insurance – What's Required in Most States
Car insurance requirements vary by state. In most states, you are required to have both bodily injury and property damage liability insurance. Some states require coverage to help pay hospital bills and medical expenses for you and your passengers related to injuries from a car accident, no matter who is at fault. Some states require that you protect yourself from uninsured or underinsured motorists. Ask your local independent agent for personal advice about making sure you’re adequately covered.

+Bodily Injury Liability-Bodily Injury LiabilityBodily Injury Liability
Helps pay for bodily injury expenses, like hospital bills and medical care, that you may be held responsible to pay if you cause an accident that injures another driver or another car’s passengers.
+Property Damage Liability-Property Damage LiabilityProperty Damage Liability
Helps pay to fix someone else’s vehicle you’re held responsible for damaging in an accident.
Car Insurance – Required in Some States
+Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments (Med Pay)-Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments (Med Pay)Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments (Med Pay)
Helps pay for hospital bills and medical care expenses for you and your passengers if you’re injured in an accident, no matter who was at fault. Some states require personal injury protection. If it’s not required where you live, you can always choose to add it yourself.
+Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)-Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Pays for damages you are legally entitled to recover from a driver without liability insurance or a hit-and-run driver or for an amount that exceeds an at-fault driver’s insurance limits. In other words, it covers you when the other guy doesn’t have enough or doesn’t have any insurance to pay you for damage repair or your medical bills. If it’s not required where you live, you can always choose to add it for your own protection.
Even More Coverage Options
+Emergency Assistance Package-Emergency Assistance PackageEmergency Assistance Package
Includes all the benefits of Roadside Assistance plus adds coverage up to $100 for expenses and up to $500 for meals, lodging, and transportation if you’re involved in an accident more than 25 miles away from home. Also includes coverage for personal belongings damaged in an accident or stolen from your car.
+Loan and Lease Coverage-Loan and Lease CoverageLoan and Lease Coverage
If your car is declared a total loss because of an accident or theft, loan and lease coverage helps pay for a possible difference between how much is left on your loan or lease and the depreciated street value of your car. Sometimes called Guaranteed Auto Protection or GAP Insurance.
+Electronic Key and Lock Replacement-Electronic Key and Lock ReplacementElectronic Key and Lock Replacement
If your electronic keys are lost or stolen, we’ll replace them – along with any remote control pads and locks – at no extra charge and with no deductible applied.
+CD and DVD Replacement-CD and DVD ReplacementCD and DVD Replacement
Get coverage for damaged or stolen audio-visual media like your CD, DVD, videotape, cassette, or record collection.
+New Car Replacement™-New Car Replacement™New Car Replacement™
If you're the original owner of a car that is less than one year old that has been totaled or stolen, we will pay you the value of a comparable new car.
+Audio-Visual and Custom Equipment Coverage-Audio-Visual and Custom Equipment CoverageAudio-Visual and Custom Equipment Coverage
Protects your audio, visual, and custom equipment that was not installed at the factory or dealership. Audio-visual systems and equipment, like a stereo or DVD player must be permanently installed. Custom equipment includes any part that modifies the appearance or performance of your car or truck, like a modified or custom engine, roll bars, lift kits, custom wheels, murals, and decals.
+Pet Coverage-Pet CoveragePet Coverage
We’ll help pay for veterinary expenses or death benefit if your cat or dog is injured or dies in a collision.
+Personal Property Coverage-Personal Property CoveragePersonal Property Coverage
Get reimbursed for personal belongings that are damaged in an accident or stolen from your car.

Find a Local Independent Agent
A local independent Safeco agent can help you discover the car insurance coverage you need for your unique situation.
Please note: Not all coverage options available in all states. Some options must be purchased with others. Talk to your local independent agent to find out more.