What to do when water is leaking all over your home.
Or call us at 1-800-332-3226
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Do not use electrical equipment or appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors.
- Never use electrical equipment that has been water damaged, even if you are using it in a dry area.
- If the water is coming from a burst or leaking pipe, try to find the closest shut-off valve and turn it off.
- If water is coming in through the roof or broken windows, try to cover as best you can with tarps or plastic sheeting.
- Take photos and videos.
- Save all damaged items. Your claims representative may want to inspect them.
- Keep a list of temporary repairs you make.
- Save all claim-related bills and receipts.
- Move wet items to drier areas.
- Place aluminum foil, coasters or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove area rugs from the floor. Dyes in carpets can stain flooring, carpeting and wood floors.
- Clean up as much water as possible by mopping or blotting with towels.
- When safe to do so, use fans to circulate air and encourage drying.