home claims faq

How does payment for my damages work?
If you have a mortgage on your home, payments for repairs may be made payable to you and your mortgage lender.

To whom do I pay my deductible?
In most cases, you pay your deductible to the contractor who does the repairs.

Do I have to pay a deductible when I file a loss of use claim?
A deductible does not apply to loss of use coverage. However, you may be responsible for a deductible for other parts of your claim.

When do I get paid for additional living expenses?
Payment is made after you incur the expense. Your Safeco claims representative will review the receipts and issue payment for only the covered expenses that exceed your normal living expenses.

Download a copy of Safeco Home and Property Claims FAQ.

Download a copy of Safeco Property Loss of Use FAQ.