Get a Quote

Quote With a Local Agent

Condo Insurance FAQ

Answers to frequently asked questions about Safeco personal condo insurance.

What is condo insurance?

Condo insurance covers most of what your condo association master policy doesn’t. You’ll definitely need to provide your own coverage for personal belongings. You’ll likely need additional coverage for any improvements or remodel work you’ve done inside your condo unit.

Which part of my condo am I responsible for?

You’re usually responsible for what’s inside your condo unit, including your personal belongings, appliances, light fixtures, bathtub, toilets and sinks, walls and floors.

Who insures the pool, tennis courts and function hall?

Shared buildings and common areas are usually covered by your condo association master policy.

Do I get a discount for having a burglar alarm?

Yes, you do.

Build Your Quote
© 2017 Liberty Mutual Insurance, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116

Insurance is offered by Safeco Insurance Company of America and/or its affiliates, with their principal place of business at 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116. This website provides a simplified description of coverage. Nothing stated herein creates a contract. All statements made are subject to the provisions, exclusions, conditions and limitations of the applicable insurance policy. Please refer to actual policy forms for complete details regarding the coverage discussed. If the information in these materials conflicts with the policy language that it describes, the policy language prevails. Coverages and features not available in all states. Eligibility is subject to meeting applicable underwriting criteria.