why use an independent insurance agent?
More choices, less hassle, and just the right amount of protection.
Having an unbiased advocate on your side means you don't have to navigate the insurance world on your own. In fact, if you don't want to, you don't even have to think about the insurance world. You can rest easy knowing that your agent has the knowledge and resources to protect what matters most to you.
Choice – You’ll Have Many Options
Because they aren’t limited to products from any one company, independent agents have the freedom to create a personalized insurance package that fits your needs and your budget.
Advice – An Expert on Your Side
Is an umbrella policy right for you? Do you have enough uninsured motorist coverage? Does your jewelry require a special rider on your homeowners policy? An independent agent can answer all of your insurance questions - even those you didn't know you had.
- They build stronger communities. Agents are business owners and employees, but above all, they are members of the community. Many of them make an impact by sharing their time and resources with local nonprofit organizations. Safeco Insurance is proud to recognize these independent agencies and amplify their charitable efforts with three .
- They build long-term relationships. Three out of four people use an agent to buy insurance, according to a recent survey, and many of them stay with the same agency for years. When you work with a local insurance agency, you deal with people you know - and people who know you.
Start by asking these questions:
- Is the agent licensed in my state?
- How many companies do they represent?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Are they recommended by my friends or family? What do online reviews say?
- Are the agents involved in my community? Do they volunteer with local organizations or participate in other civic activities?
- Are they affiliated with industry groups, such as ? Safeco is a founding partner of Trusted Choice, a program that promotes quality customer care in the independent agent community.