Home and Property Claims FAQ

Get answers to frequently asked questions about Safeco home and property insurance claims

File a Claim

Call Us. We’re Here for You.


24 hours a day, 7 days a week


How does payment for my damages work?

If you have a mortgage on your home, payments for repairs may be made payable to you and your mortgage lender.

To whom do I pay my deductible?

In most cases, you pay your deductible to the contractor who does the repairs.

Do I have to pay a deductible when I file a loss of use claim?

A deductible does not apply to loss of use coverage. However, you may be responsible for a deductible for other parts of your claim.

When do I get paid for additional living expenses?

Payment is made after you incur the expense. Your Safeco claims representative will review the receipts and issue payment for only the covered expenses that exceed your normal living expenses.

Download a copy of Safeco Home and Property Claims FAQ.
Download a copy of Safeco Property Loss of Use FAQ.

© 2017 Liberty Mutual Insurance, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116

Insurance is offered by Safeco Insurance Company of America and/or its affiliates, with their principal place of business at 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116. This website provides a simplified description of coverage. Nothing stated herein creates a contract. All statements made are subject to the provisions, exclusions, conditions and limitations of the applicable insurance policy. Please refer to actual policy forms for complete details regarding the coverage discussed. If the information in these materials conflicts with the policy language that it describes, the policy language prevails. Coverages and features not available in all states. Eligibility is subject to meeting applicable underwriting criteria.