Green Boating Tips
Your Safeco watercraft insurance policy provides coverage for
fuel spill and wreckage removal but there are many other things you can do to help the environment.
- Maintain a clean bilge – don’t pump oily water overboard.
- Clean safely – Use detergent sparingly. Environmentally responsible boat cleaning products can be found at Green Seal.
- Observe all local and federal sewage regulations.
- Do routine maintenance – keep up with the
routine maintenance on your boat, just like you do with your automobile.
- Chart your course responsibly – prevent damage to sensitive sea habitats and reduce fuel waste due to misdirection.
- Stow your trash – take your garbage home, including fishing line and cigarettes.
- Recycle your waste – properly dispose of your batteries and other waste materials.
- Carry a spill kit.
- Report pollution.