Help charities win cash in Safeco Insurance’s Make More Happen Awards event
Seattle, Wash. (Aug. 6, 2012) — Help local volunteers win cash for their charities by voting in the Safeco® Make More Happen Awards online event.
The top four vote-getters will win a $7,500 check from Safeco Insurance for the nonprofit organizations they support!
Each of the 24 volunteer groups showcased in the voting event already has been selected to receive a Safeco Make More Happen Award and a $2,000 check from Safeco for the charity they support.
These inspiring volunteers are members of independent insurance agencies across the company who support a nonprofit organization focused on education, health and safety or civic engagement.
“Safeco is honored to recognize agent partners who volunteer, and we are thrilled to multiply the impact of their efforts with donations to their favorite charities,” said Brenda Mann Harrison, manager of the Safeco Insurance® Agent Giving Program. “We encourage everyone to take a look at the photos, read the captions and vote for their favorite volunteers.”
You can vote in the Safeco Make More Happen Awards event once every 24 hours beginning Aug. 6 until the contest ends 10 a.m. PDT Aug. 27.
Finalists in the Safeco Make More Happen Awards vote-off
- Hoffman Brown Company, Sherman Oaks, Calif., making more happen for L.A. Family Housing, North Hollywood, Calif.
- NHC Insurance Services, San Pedro, Calif., making more happen for Toberman Neighborhood Center, San Pedro, Calif.
- AHM Financial Group, St. Louis, Mo., making more happen for Ronald McDonald House Charities, St. Louis, Mo.
- Harris County Insurance Center, Webster, Texas, making more happen for Autism Speaks, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Higginbotham, Dallas, making more happen for YMCA/Camp Grady Spruce, Dallas
- Chas H. Bilz Agency, Covington, Ky., making more happen for Redwood School and Rehabilitation Center, Fort Mitchell, Ky.
- Gibbs Associates, Cincinnati, Ohio, making more happen for Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Machor Sage Insurance Agency, Shreve, Ohio, making more happen for Loudonville Public Library, Loudonville, Ohio
- Chastain Otis Insurance Agency, Omaha, Neb., making more happen for Cornbelt Diabetes Connection, Omaha, Neb.
- Finn Insurance Agency, North Riverside, Ill., making more happen for Little Village Community Council, Chicago
- Gibson, South Bend, Ind., making more happen for Center for the Homeless, South Bend, Ind.
- Arredondo Insurance, Tempe, Ariz., making more happen for Suzy Foundation, Tempe, Ariz.
- HUB International Mountain States, Sheridan, Wyo., making more happen for The Child Development Center, Sheridan, Wyo.
- McCullough Insurance Agency, Flagstaff, Ariz., making more happen for Special Olympics Arizona, Phoenix
- Clark Insurance, Portland, Maine, making more happen for Junior Achievement of Maine, Portland, Maine
- Gates Cole Associates, Hew Hartford, N.Y., making more happen for Pathfinder Village, Edmeston, N.Y.
- Smith Insurance, Niantic, Conn., making more happen for Habitat for Humanity of Southeastern Connecticut, New London, Conn.
- The Evans Agency, Angola, N.Y., making more happen for Habitat for Humanity of Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Buck and Affiliates Insurance West, Spokane, Wash., making more happen for Hearth Homes, Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Coast Insurance Services, Florence, Ore., making more happen for Boys & Girls Club of Western Lane County, Florence, Ore.
- HUB International, Dillon, Mont., making more happen for Southwestern Montana Family YMCA, Dillon, Mont.
- BB&T-Oswald Trippe and Company, Fort Myers, Fla., making more happen for Harry Chapin Food Bank, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Scarborough Company Insurance, Gainesville, Fla., making more happen for Tyler’s Hope for a Dystonia Cure, Alachua, Fla.
- VanAllen Insurance Agency, Tallahassee, Fla., making more happen for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend, Tallahassee, Fla.
In addition to the 24 Make More Happen Award finalists featured in the vote-off, another 23 agencies were recognized with a Make More Happen Award, which includes a $2,000 check for charity.
See all the Safeco Make More Happen Award recipients.
In business since 1923 and based in Seattle, Washington, Safeco sells insurance to drivers and homeowners through a network of independent agents throughout the United States.
Safeco is a Liberty Mutual Insurance company. Liberty Mutual ranks 81st on the Fortune 100 list of the largest U.S. corporations based on 2012 revenue. The company has financial strength ratings of A (Excellent) from the A.M. Best Company, A2 (Good) from Moody’s Investors Service, and A- (Strong) from Standard & Poor’s.