Request for Proposals
The Safeco Insurance Fund is now accepting proposals for 2015-2016 program funding.
2015 Education Initiative RFP
Deadline: May 4, 2015
Safeco Insurance Fund
In 2009, Safeco Insurance Fund launched its first Education Initiative, awarding $500,000 to 21 community organizations. Through 2014, the foundation’s total investment in the initiative climbed to nearly $4.2 million.
The goal of the initiative is to improve the educational achievements and opportunities for disadvantaged youth in our communities, and to locate and support educational programs that build on prior academic successes. The Safeco Insurance Fund aims to achieve these goals by:
- Expanding academic opportunities for low-income and limited English proficient (LEP) students by funding.
- Out-of-school time educational programs
- Extended learning in-school programs
- Vocational and technical-training programs
- Programs that emphasize and highlight the path to further education
- Supporting elementary programs that seek to prevent an achievement gap by employing results-based curricula and focusing on basic literacy and/or numeracy.
- Broadening educational options for LEP students by increasing the number and quality of programs in Washington and Oregon that provide English language instruction, especially those organizations that exhibit a special focus toward children and adolescents.
- Supporting programs that create pathways for older youth to re-engage with the educational system. This includes youth who have abandoned school prior to completion and youth who have attained a high school diploma or GED but have not progressed to higher education or training.
Initiative Funding Cycle
The Education Initiative operates on a two-year cycle. Grantees selected through the RFP will receive a commitment for two years of funding.
How to Apply
2015 Education Initiative RFP to apply. The deadline is May 4, 2015.
Email the Safeco Insurance Fund.
Previous Grant Recipients
For a list of recent Safeco Insurance Fund grant recipients, visit the Liberty Mutual Foundation.