More choices. Less hassle. Just the right amount of protection.
The right insurance is about more than choosing the right company. It's about selecting coverage that fits your specific needs. Your local independent agent will provide the expert guidance to help you do both – so you can focus on your life, not on your insurance.
How Independent Insurance Agents Benefit You – and Your Community
Along with offering the best combination of value and protection, independent agents work to improve the lives of those around them:
- They build stronger communities. Agents are business owners and employees, but above all, they are members of the community. And many of them make an impact by sharing their time and resources with local nonprofit organizations. Safeco Insurance is proud to recognize these agencies — and provide donations to amplify their charitable efforts — with our Make More Happen Awards.
- They build long-term relationships. Three out of four people use an agent to buy insurance, according to a recent survey,
and many of them stay with the same agency for years. When you work with a local agency, you deal with people you know — and people who know you.
How to Choose an Independent Insurance Agent
Depending on where you live, there could be several local independent agents eager to help you buy insurance. How do you choose?
Start by asking these questions:
- Is the agent licensed in my state?
- How many companies do they represent?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Are they recommended by my friends or family? What do online reviews say?
- Are they involved in my community? Do they volunteer with local organizations or participate in other civic activities?
We think you’ll agree that independent agents make insurance easy. Find an independent insurance agent in your area today.